Point Frank

Hausamann

Serenity (1992).
Oil paint on plywood sheet. 890 x 910 mm.

Serenity.jpg

I was just reading a FB art group thread about Klimt's Cinquecento work and the argument going on was, by the women, whether or not Klimt had ever actually *seen* a naked prone female, and by the men, whut?

And then I see this.

Thank goodness it's green.

🤩

I agree with Wayne, there's terrific depth of field, and the sheer number of trees is astounding- making the whole a lovely view of texture and light.

Terrific work.

I love this - the visual texture from all the trees with the smoothness of the light. Wonderful to look at from top to bottom, great depth.

Painting all the trees must have put you in a zen-like state of mind. :)

I was just reading a FB art group thread about Klimt's Cinquecento work and the argument going on was, by the women, whether or not Klimt had ever actually *seen* a naked prone female, and by the men, whut?

And then I see this.

Thank goodness it's green.

🤩

I agree with Wayne, there's terrific depth of field, and the sheer number of trees is astounding- making the whole a lovely view of texture and light.

Terrific work.
Thanks for your kind remarks.

A year after I painted this, I went to the University of Sydney to gain a degree in rehabilitation counselling. Our first counselling theory subject was Sigmund Freud. What you mentioned was covered in the topic of psychosexual development and the subconscious.

A good motto to have for all kinds of subjectivity is "It is not necessarily so". In say this, I am glad you noticed other bits as well :).

I love this - the visual texture from all the trees with the smoothness of the light. Wonderful to look at from top to bottom, great depth.

Painting all the trees must have put you in a zen-like state of mind. :)
Any zen state of mind was my way of getting through all those trees. It was challenging not to take shortcuts. At the time I felt it was worth the effort.

Back