Playing Around

I don't know much about abstract art, so it is generally hard for me to appreciate or like abstracts. However, this piece really jumped out at me as balanced, fresh and appealing. Sort of like trippy psychedelic album art from the 70s. I just clicked on it on a whim, and looked at at for a while, finding much of interest. The defined areas of color that all seem to harmonize as a whole is really interesting.

I don't know much about abstract art, so it is generally hard for me to appreciate or like abstracts. However, this piece really jumped out at me as balanced, fresh and appealing. Sort of like trippy psychedelic album art from the 70s. I just clicked on it on a whim, and looked at at for a while, finding much of interest. The defined areas of color that all seem to harmonize as a whole is really interesting.

Joy, have you ever tried writing? You are very articulate, and beautiful in the way you speak. I think you may find yourself having some talent in this area, if you are interested in trying.

I just thought I'd say that, cheers!

:)

Joy, have you ever tried writing? You are very articulate, and beautiful in the way you speak. I think you may find yourself having some talent in this area, if you are interested in trying.

I just thought I'd say that, cheers!

:)
How very kind of you to say! I just try to express myself in a way that can "read" well, as the written word can easily be misconstrued. My painting is not going well recently, so your gracious comment is really uplifting.

How very kind of you to say! I just try to express myself in a way that can "read" well, as the written word can easily be misconstrued. My painting is not going well recently, so your gracious comment is really uplifting.

I'm always happy to inspire people! :)

Paintboss, your painting is proving to be so inspiring. Your work is just stunning. I'm so happy you are painting again. We are lucky to witness it. Thank you for sharing it with us. Please keep it up. We've missed it. I've missed it. You used so many colors, but they are all communicating together just perfectly. ♥️

And yes, Joy is an excellent writer. I've noticed this about her myself. ;)

Well, such wonderfully supportive and incredibly encouraging comments. Wow. Thank you all so very much. I had to go back to threads to tell people how sorry I am for taking such a long time to return and reply. I have been in and out of the hospital for long stays so often, and was not often much better when they sent me home.So it’s been a long haul and I’m afraid I’ve just not been around because of that. I’ve gotten over the worst of it we hope. And I want to take up doing my art again. I hope to share with you all. I just really appreciate everyone’s heartfelt thoughts- I can’t tell you how much it means to me. Joy, thank you so much.You are very articulate and you expressed yourself very well. And I’m really glad you liked my piece. It’s really great to see people who don’t usually gravitate to abstract art finding something they like. Yay!
Captain, it is perfectly OK and even legitimate what you critiqued about my work. Yes it is very much based on the elements of art( composition, colour, line, balance etc) more than taking a person away on a journey. And I planned it like that. I treated it like an illustrative piece. Especially with all the outlining. This was about colours, contrast, shapes etc. And that’s a perfectly legitimate way to do art. And so to me it makes sense what you said. But I hope it has a bit of an impact. Nothing profound. Straight up elements. A bit of a surprise. I use to stay away from abstract and I really didn’t get it. I mean, I could argue it because I learned art appreciation in University. Now not only do I enjoy doing it, but I find it more challenging than realism. There are some abstract that take me away. I hope I can get to that level. I think I made one, but it didn’t look like this. I can get lost in some of those soft moody abstracts. I just think they’re gorgeous and sublime. My 20 year old just doesn’t get it. Told me so. She prefers something like this.But I don’t expect her to get it! Lol
I find it a very useful balance to doing any realism work. I keep mentioning that I have allowed myself the freedom to just go for it, and see where it went. Boy that is enjoyable! I recommend that for people to try.
Artyczar a special thank you for your comments. Warmed my heart.((HUGS))

Wonderful to see that you are recovering, welcome back to the art world. I like this painting a lot and hope to see lots more in the future.

Happy to see you posting again! Thank you for the update, and here's hoping you'll be back at it soon!

It's great to see you back PaintBoss and I hope you are feeling MUCH better! ❤️

Back