Pinterest for marketing

wirfi

Anyone here experienced using Pinterest for marketing your artwork? I been thinking of it as an alternative, but I have not used it much at all myself, eventhough I have an account.

I kinda sorta tried it in the past, but never got it totally off the ground. I made a board of my own work and that was all. I got a lot of people liking my pins. I also have the opportunity for people to pin my art on every page of my website that has artwork. People use it, but I can't keep track of how much. Or don't know how.

I kinda sorta tried it in the past, but never got it totally off the ground. I made a board of my own work and that was all. I got a lot of people liking my pins. I also have the opportunity for people to pin my art on every page of my website that has artwork. People use it, but I can't keep track of how much. Or don't know how.
Thank you for your answer, I'm going to give a try this weekend :) If you don't mind me asking, where is your website?

I'm the same as Ayin, I started on Pinterest, made a couple of boards and never went any further.

A little status report after some time.

I'm really enjoying it because I can use it as a tool to collect art I like, art supplies, organize links to image from old masters and so on. I share some boards with my wife, so we can find artists and studio equipment we like, and we can work together. So I feel it much more a tool where I can both market myself but also use it to find and collect stuff I'm interested in. Even if my marketing does not go so well, I get something out of it.

Post seem to grow steadily (so far), and not like on Instagram - be seen for a couple of hourse and then die. All though I have to admit it was a bit of a learning curve coming from the other social media. I think you need a business account to see the statistics.

My posts have not done amazingly well, but after all I'm new and as I said, I'm putting my hope to the longer lifetime a posts on Pinterest :)

Also, I joined a service called Tailwind where you can schedule Pinterest- (and Instagram) posts. They have communities that share eachothers content, which I thought could be useful to gain some traction. However, most I find in there are "how-tos" for beginners, designed pins that look like scrapbooking, and acrylic pour stuff (no offence, just not my cup of tee)... I don't like putting a lot of graphic stuff around and over my artwork.

Most of this is just my way of cutting down on my use of Facebook/Meta-owned services. I've been trying not to use social media as much as before and it's amazing how much you can suddenly get done. I'm also planning to go back in time a bit and blog and use my website more :)

I guess I can keep enjoying and endorsing ello, which is an underrated site. It runs a lot different than any other, but it has various groups to post your entries in.

I guess I can keep enjoying and endorsing ello, which is an underrated site. It runs a lot different than any other, but it has various groups to post your entries in.
I have signed up but not been so active yet. I must have missed that they have groups, I'll check that out, thanks. It was a little learning curve to try to find my way around there :)

Back