Pigeon Point

Bartc

Out with our painting group at Pigeon Point in Pescadero, CA. Odd weather and got aced out of our restaurant lunch due to Ironman blocking roads. But the painting was good!

6x9" ink & watercolor on paper. 12x9" Caran D'Ache on multimedia paper.

Not a bad day at all!
Pigeon Point Lighthouse Sept 23.jpg

Pigeon Point tree and buildings.jpg

Both are so well done, Bart! You always find good subjects regardless of the weather.

Both are so well done, Bart! You always find good subjects regardless of the weather.
Donna, sometimes the subject IS the weather. ;=)
Actually, since I run the plein air group I deliberately choose locations that have a variety of potential subjects. I have painted the lighthouse quite a few times in different media and wasn't sure I wanted to do it yet again. So I focused on practicing on the tree study, while testing a newer paper for Caran D'Ache Neocolor II. But when done with that I had quite a bit of time left.
One of my painting buddies was doing naturally the lighthouse. So he teased me about it.
Given a half hour left or less, I dug out my travel set and did the quick ink and watercolor of the lighthouse. I do like it better than the overworked tree, BTW.
There is actually the suggestion of the sky behind the lighthouse, but my scanner missed that almost entirely. Maybe too light.

We don’t have a group right now, just too dang hot. The Texas Urban sketchers are coming to our small town on September 30. Should be fun.

Very good, I love both of these. I really need to get out and meet with my local urban sketchers group.

Very good, I love both of these. I really need to get out and meet with my local urban sketchers group.
We're not an urban sketchers group, but any group that gets you out there is worth trying, in my experience.

Back