Pie & Mash or Fish & Chips?

Dave Woody

91DE0261-9D8F-4152-B731-7C4C908D793C.jpeg

40cm x 30cm cheap canvas.

This is a gift to Jaine, the manager of JG Melon restaurant in New York. She gave my 'mElon of Musk' picture a home there.
I offered to paint something for her personally and to suggest a topic.

She loves London, so....I have done this bit of fun for her, tourists on holiday in London, deciding what to eat.

Just curious if there is anyone from New York here....is Pie & Mash a thing? Is Fish & Chips a thing in the big apple?

OMG! This ...I LOVE this! This is one of your best. I like all the colors and activities in it. The balance of whites are perfect too. EXCELLENT!!! ♥️

...and ... for what it is worth..when I held it up to the light, you can see through the canvas to some etching I painted over as it evolved....

DD98DF79-3901-4A2C-89DF-E8A4A4E88715.jpeg

... that last piece you show with the light is cool. It really comes to life.

... that last piece you show with the light is cool. It really comes to life.
Yeah, happened by chance.

I recall a friend had a small soapstone carving of four African faces on a wall. An enchanting crafted piece to look at but at night it was illuminated from below and it ... like you say...came to life. the facial features ... chin, nose, eyes, cheeks took on a 3D quality.

I've often thought about somehow putting light behind the paintings. It really brings them to life as Wayne said.

Back