Phone Photography Issue

Bongo

I've finally come to admit (realize) that for nearly all my photographic needs, my phone is sufficient and certainly more convenient than my DSLR.
But I'm having a few issues. Occasionally a photo will come out "hazy" sort of a low contrast fog over the image. This is with no setting changes, the next photo on a different subject will come out fine. Strangely it happens most often when I'm photographing paintings.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 lite.

Also - even more irritating, when I take a photo the phone will go to burst mode, or "capturing meaningful moments". I'm just pressing the "photo" button but "it's like a box of chocolates you never know what you're going to get.." F.Gump

checking it out - lots of controls - only works with two lenses as far as I can tell, my phone has 3. But still will be useful.

I never looked to see what kind of lens the Samsung Galaxys have. I have an 8 here. I don't really take any serious pictured with it. I figured the lens wasn't good enough.

I've finally come to admit (realize) that for nearly all my photographic needs, my phone is sufficient and certainly more convenient than my DSLR.
But I'm having a few issues. Occasionally a photo will come out "hazy" sort of a low contrast fog over the image. This is with no setting changes, the next photo on a different subject will come out fine. Strangely it happens most often when I'm photographing paintings.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 lite.

Also - even more irritating, when I take a photo the phone will go to burst mode, or "capturing meaningful moments". I'm just pressing the "photo" button but "it's like a box of chocolates you never know what you're going to get.." F.Gump
This is really strange, Bongo. I have this same phone and, while there's a lot I do NOT like about it (I'm not a phone geek who upgrades regularly and clung to my Note 4 until it literally died), I don't have any of these issues you're describing. It sounds like the Edit/special features are breaking in to the regular settings, very glitchy. That would drive me nuts, too. It's actually not a bad camera overall, as far as cell phones go.

I downloaded the app and my test shots were way overexposed, so for me the regular phone is better. I also found the abundance of options too confusing, but then I'm not a digital photographer by any means.

Wish I could offer some actual help. Good luck with this. 😕

Terri - I love this phone too. I just hit "reset" camera functions and it's working properly so far. Hopefully that solves it, -- what an idiot not to think of that sooner. Do you use the note function much? I've grown to really like it. I have the Note 6 lite tablet too and the bigger screen really makes the note function shine.

I hope the reset works!! :) I use the note function occasionally. I really like having a phone with a good stylus. This phone is more problematic for me than the Note 4. Seems crazy! Stupid money is spent on these things and we're expected to change them out every few years. 😆

I have an ancient tablet that I never particularly liked. Never felt the need to upgrade it. :)

Back