Pets

Thanks! I'm learning so much from this thread! :)

But you're right, we're going a bit off topic and should really be talking about your lovely cats :)

I thought DSLR was a camera. :ROFLMAO:

In any case, since you have included your animals that have passed on, can I add mine?

I thought DSLR was a camera. :ROFLMAO:

In any case, since you have included your animals that have passed on, can I add mine?
I have no problem with it! Although considering the number of postings that people will have to wade through first...

--Rich

These are my doggies that have passed on...

Buddy lived to 14:

buddy_2.jpg

Lula wound up being a foster because Buddy didn't like her. He bit off her ear after she fought him over his food but they got along for the first few months:

buddyandlula2.jpg

This is Little. He dies of Kidney failure at 11. I inherited him from my parents after they died. We had him for a few years.

little.jpg

And this was our little Gemma whose life ended tragically a couple of years ago. She was only 9: We had her since she was a pup:

2013-12-21 Alicia 033.jpg

She tries not to foster as she has about 5 of her own (cats and dogs!) but she's the first to admit how hard it is not to fall in love
If hubby didn't keep me in check, my whole house would be full of animals. I fall in love with them, and fostering is hard - hard to let go. When I was doing TNR (trap-neuter-release), we also ran across cats that were abandoned or stray, and really weren't able to cope in a feral colony. So, we'd get them whatever medical care they needed, take them home, rehabilitate them and then adopt them out. It's just so sad

The last time we got involved with a rescue, it was quite by accident. My husband took a drive over to the county recycling bins, which were basically a couple of roadside dumpsters with signs and cameras on them. He came home with these:

2020-10-28 18.01.53.jpg

They were abandoned, dirty, and grungy...so of course we hustled them into this cat carrier and rushed over to our vet. Over the next month, we fed them, bathed them, gave them their eye drops and antibiotics, and fell madly in love!

Rose and Sage.jpg

We named them Rose and Sage. They never left our combined bathroom/closet area, which fortunately in that house was fairly large.

For some reason, Sage developed a passion for the Pyrex cup I used to fill their water bowl. I just had to photograph her through the glass.

Pyrex fun 3.jpg

And they grew big and strong and ferocious.

Ferocious beasts.jpg

We already had two grown cats, and we knew we were eventually going to move, too, and could never handle 4 cats. So we were putting out the word for adoptions, and our former veterinarian, who retired and had actually sold her practice to the guy who was our current vet treating the kittens, ended up taking them. She didn't keep their names, but that's okay. Having a retired vet for a mom is about the luckiest thing that these little girls could have gotten.

My last picture of them before we took them over to give to the vet. Broke our hearts! But a happy ending. ❤️ We'd do it all over again!

Kitties snuggle.jpg

Lovely story, lovely pictures. I like the one of Sage and the measuring cup. "Where does that water come from?"

--Rich

The last time we got involved with a rescue, it was quite by accident. My husband took a drive over to the county recycling bins, which were basically a couple of roadside dumpsters with signs and cameras on them. He came home with these:

View attachment 24180

They were abandoned, dirty, and grungy...so of course we hustled them into this cat carrier and rushed over to our vet. Over the next month, we fed them, bathed them, gave them their eye drops and antibiotics, and fell madly in love!

View attachment 24181

We named them Rose and Sage. They never left our combined bathroom/closet area, which fortunately in that house was fairly large.

For some reason, Sage developed a passion for the Pyrex cup I used to fill their water bowl. I just had to photograph her through the glass.

View attachment 24182

View attachment 24183

We already had two grown cats, and we knew we were eventually going to move, too, and could never handle 4 cats. So we were putting out the word for adoptions, and our former veterinarian, who retired and had actually sold her practice to the guy who was our current vet treating the kittens, ended up taking them. She didn't keep their names, but that's okay. Having a retired vet for a mom is about the luckiest thing that these little girls could have gotten.

My last picture of them before we took them over to give to the vet. Broke our hearts! But a happy ending. ❤️ We'd do it all over again!

View attachment 24184
I adore the last pic. Just the way the one is slumped over the other.
I put a "cat tree" together from garden chairs my neighbours were throwing out. I would like one myself. 😁

Cat tree.jpg

View attachment 24180

View attachment 24181

View attachment 24182

View attachment 24183

View attachment 24184
Such an inspiring story with a happy ending! They are adorable!

Back