Peter Draws

JessieNebulous

I just wanted to share a few pieces by my favorite abstract artist, who goes by the name Peter Draws on YouTube. I don't follow much abstract or non-representational, but his work is fascinating. Like some sort of fever dream. His videos are interesting too, because he's delightfully bizarre in personality, and it's really cool to see the art being made. He just goes in with ink and no forethought and comes up with these stunning works.

5Olo1mPKX8FHTqKJJZyyYcCQKkryyvLHITvLQBmT-i0.jpgthirteen1.pngthirteen2.png

Wow! Those are pretty neat and intricate. They are very illustrative to me, like they could be in books or something. I wonder their sizes. They are so detailed and inventive. I don't even know what to call these! Just art. :)

Wow! Those are pretty neat and intricate. They are very illustrative to me, like they could be in books or something. I wonder their sizes. They are so detailed and inventive. I don't even know what to call these! Just art. :)

I know! They kind of defy description. He does have at least one book he's done, called Dayfever, which he bills as an "abstract comic." I think he may have some coloring books too. His real name is Peter Deligdisch, if you wanted to look him up.

I quite like his art. His vids are also very entertaining.
Indeed! He seems to be genuinely himself in his videos, without putting on an act for YouTube views. He is who he is, and I respect that a lot. He's someone I'd love to share a coffee with, just to pick his unusual but fascinating brain.

I'm also a fan of Peter Draws! He's definitely broadened the scope of available drawing pens I'm aware of, and I am a bit of envious of his ability to conjure all sorts of fascinating images organically and in real time. Definitely a great style he has.

I'm also a fan of Peter Draws! He's definitely broadened the scope of available drawing pens I'm aware of, and I am a bit of envious of his ability to conjure all sorts of fascinating images organically and in real time. Definitely a great style he has.
I envy him a bit too 🤣 Generally if I like someone's work I know that with enough effort, time and patience I could probably learn to do what they do, but what Peter does... pretty sure I couldn't learn to do it, even if I devoted myself fully to trying.

Yeah, those wild drawings just seem to flow out him. He always leaves me wanting to buy more pen exotica every time I watch, though, and I don't need to buy more stuff! For instance, a fountain pen with a Zebra G nib would be kind of awesome, wouldn't it?

I think he also puts out videos about unsung illustrators.

Back