Paradise

Katie

Here's something I painted a few months ago...

IMG_5197.JPG

I was fortunate enough to find another 'patron' that loved my work. This guy was loaded, so he kept coming back, asking for more paintings that I was happy to fulfill. The only slight problem was that he was highly strung, which made me a little nervous. I knew I couldn't f..k up with this guy and so I always gave my best. Anyway, everything was going well; he would request a painting for his HUGE house, send me a picture of the space where he wanted it to go, and the size he wanted, and I would do the rest. It was great, perfect; I didn't even have to see him as my loyal and trusted friend Chito would take the painting and come back with my payment.

So, he asked me for a painting to 'go with' another picture that he had purchased from me a while back - a large abstract landscape. I had the canvass made up and set to work. The painting I gave him is the one I have posted here - which I honestly felt like was one of my best. I used similar colours and texture to accommodate his request. Imagine my astonishment when he complained about it!! He was quite cross, and he sent me an email saying he had wanted something more abstract and incredibly something that really did MATCH his other painting...like a sister painting. By this time, I was a bit sick of him, but always the professional, no matter what happens, I told him I would do another one for him free of charge and take the painting back.

So, I bought another canvas; this one was from an art shop and so not as beautifully made up as the original one I gave him, which was hand made to his exact measurements. I then placed a photo of the abstract landscape that he loved so much near my easel and proceeded to give him a sister painting using similar colours. When it was done, I would have given it 5/10, and I think that was because I felt annoyed with him and so lost heart in having to do another.

On the day it was to be delivered, I explained to my friend Chito the situation and looked forward to getting my lovely painting back. However, when he returned, there must have been some confusion because he didn't have my picture!! I dont quite know what happened, it is difficult when my Spanish isn't great..I think maybe Chito messed up or I think they kept it somehow on purpose, but by then I was tired of the whole situation and felt it best to just leave it.

Later, I got an email off him telling me how much he loved the 'sister' painting...so there is my story lol!

Blimey, what a story, least you seem to have shrugged your shoulders about it🙂

At least he paid you for the painting! Sheesh. I have a doozy of a story that I was starting to tell on another thread here. It's hard to believe (if I actually tell the whole thing). And it goes along with one of the most special paintings I'd ever done (not the dog one, but the one I sold it with).

At least he paid you for the painting! Sheesh. I have a doozy of a story that I was starting to tell on another thread here. It's hard to believe (if I actually tell the whole thing). And it goes along with one of the most special paintings I'd ever done (not the dog one, but the one I sold it with).
Yeah, at least he was honorable with that. I read the dog story.. that sucks - what a nightmare.

Back