Painting Sunlit Sparkle on Devils Lake

Kyle Martin

Hi Everyone,
I live on a farm near Baraboo, Wisconsin. The area is known as the driftless region. Devil's Lake is one of the hilights of our area, and it is the most popluar state park in Wisconsin. Join me for a hike to the top of the East Bluff trail for a windy but beautiful afternoon of painting.
I hope all is well,
Kyle
Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 10.30.38 AM.png

Thanks for sharing the video and especially for showing a few shots of your palette and the mixing of colors. It's nice to see how the magic is made. :)Your painting is gorgeous!

It's a treat to see how you approach and build the paintings, and the paintings turned out very nicely :) Looseness in painting is something that I admire and aspire to. Thanks for sharing the viddy! (pretty windy that day, huh?)

I love your brushwork as well and wish I could paint as freely and loosely as you!

Thanks for sharing the video and especially for showing a few shots of your palette and the mixing of colors. It's nice to see how the magic is made. :)Your painting is gorgeous!
Thank You, Donna! I will film more color mixing in the future

It's a treat to see how you approach and build the paintings, and the paintings turned out very nicely :) Looseness in painting is something that I admire and aspire to. Thanks for sharing the viddy! (pretty windy that day, huh?)
Thank you, Laika! I appreciate your kind remarks. It was extremely windy, and one part that I didn't show was the moment that my easel blew over and the clip on my tripod shattered. I only owned the tripod for a week at that point, and used a clamp that I had in my backpack to keep the leg extended and keep me painting on that day.

I found a video that talks more about my mixing process!

Thanks so much, Kyle! I've watched a few other videos of paint being mixed but you explain it all very clearly.

Looks like you had a great time. Love the painting. Thanks for sharing your work and the scenery.

Back