Painting boats in Bayfield Wisconsin

Kyle Martin

Hi All,
Here are a couple paintings of boats that I did when on vacation in Bayfield. In each case, I was drawn to the contrast of dark and light, but for different reasons.
I hope all is well, and that you have a nice weekend,
Kyle
89256710-BF72-4B4B-BCC2-DDED2C50FD11.jpeg
42FBD107-C93E-4071-9A52-1D9F79D817B5.jpeg

Nice pieces! They have a dream-like quality. I don't know which I like better. The second appears to have been painted with pearlescent paint. Was it? I like it.

I started to watch your video. The music was loud and distracting, overpowering your words, making them too hard to hear and understand. For me.

I like your paintings. The music was very irritating, turned the sound off. So nice to be "out" painting. Looks like you had fun.

I like your paintings. The music was very irritating, turned the sound off. So nice to be "out" painting. Looks like you had fun.
Thanks Jo, I’m working on a new editing system so I’ll correct the levels next time :) learning as I go. It was fun to be out painting on Lake Superior, and thank you for the comment. Have a great weekend,
Kyle

Two very nice boat paintings! The colors you saw and painted into the shadows in the first piece and the luscious strokes of sunlight on the water are so beautifully done, Kyle! It must have been fun for you to get away from the hay fields for the day.

more good ones, Kyle. I appreciate how your style dominates over subject matter - as it should IMO. Despite the sound issues, great video. Bayfield looks like Plein air heaven. Love your hat - classic.

Like the way you've melded abstraction with realism, Kyle. My sunny days on the water usually have me defocusing my eyes, squinting into the reflected sunlight, and seeing things the way you have painted them. No kidding! Looking good.

Back