Painter's Stuff

Enyaw

namuh
AA Mar0123.jpg

11 x 14 inches ... oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Mar 01/23
I am now using both the brush and the knife as opposed to one or the other .. as well, I had a dream a week ago or so and I saw these amazing backgrounds used in still life .. last of Feb I started to explore them and they are nothing but paint put down in layers so it's just paint into and over other paint. I was going to paint more realistic until I saw the beauty of broken color in my dream. Actually a litttle weird because I've been using broken color for a long time but never as expressed as now. I guess that's what happens when you doze off thinking about your painting you are going to make next morning. I usually paint before breakfast. I am fresher and I can be quiet while my wife sleeps. She is a late nighter and I am early to bed and early to rise: a result of working 6 Am to 3 PM during my working years.

Cool. You do great with just the knife but I know I run into problems just using the knife. And good to hear that I'm not the only one dreaming of the paintings.

John. I can get by with just the knife but I like drawing with the brush more than drawing with the knife. As a result I usually brush in and then the final phase is pretty much knife. I actually tell myself to help myself before I go to sleep. Now that is talking to yourself.

Thanks Ayin. I left it simple and the composition is a theft of the x and o game structure so the overall shape is a familiar thing. 😀 Of course, I had to alter it a little by not completing some lines so it would not look too corny.

I love this one Wayne! It's very painterly for a painters stuff painting! (now say that 5 times fast!) 🤣

John. I can get by with just the knife but I like drawing with the brush more than drawing with the knife. As a result I usually brush in and then the final phase is pretty much knife. I actually tell myself to help myself before I go to sleep. Now that is talking to yourself.

Thanks Ayin. I left it simple and the composition is a theft of the x and o game structure so the overall shape is a familiar thing. 😀 Of course, I had to alter it a little by not completing some lines so it would not look too corny.
I love this composition because of the lines. I didn't connect it to tic-tac-toe at all, which I think is what you're referencing with the x and o game you mention there. I love the two horizontal lines and the two diagonals from the paint tube and palette knife. Awesomeness!

Thank you CalAnn. That's a mouthful alright.

Thank you Terri. You didn't connect the dots but your mind does so tic-tac-toe makes you familiar with the piece and you are feeling at ease because you know it. Smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors.

Thank you Erik, and Hermes

Back