Out Fishing

Hey don't knock little watercolors😜
On a more serious note, wish you all the best with your recovery, not much comfort, but it always goes to slow. Patience pays off in the long run!

I know...I should not knock them. I love them. I just get insecure that others may not take them seriously sometimes.

I have no patience at all. So thanks for the reminder. I need it! :)

I really don't understand why watercolors are so underrated in the artworld. It is a difficult medium to master, extremely versitile, people make stunningly beautiful artworks with it, and to boot it's more archival (when you use high quality paper, and select your pigments carefully) than most other mediums. Really I can't get my head around it!:unsure:

Be as a tortoise.

IMG_7871 (1).jpg

😃

It could be an opportunity and not a restriction. That goes for anyone. Remember Matisse, unable to paint (permanently, mind you), found a new way to go forward. Before the cut-outs, he reached those large canvases from a chair using sticks! Or so as I recall from a documentary.

I really don't understand why watercolors are so underrated in the artworld. It is a difficult medium to master, extremely versitile, people make stunningly beautiful artworks with it, and to boot it's more archival (when you use high quality paper, and select your pigments carefully) than most other mediums. Really I can't get my head around it!:unsure:

I also don't understand why watercolors and/or why works on paper get underrated. They are also expensive to use. Perhaps not as expensive as oils, but by the time you frame up a work on paper for an exhibit, or sometimes even a sale, it might as well be the same thing. I brought this up somewhere else on this forum before to discuss it because it makes me kind of angry, especially because we are all always expected to ask much less for our work on paper if we are also working on canvas and panels...yet I know artists that work exclusively on paper and they are kind of free to ask whatever they feel and it's competitive with many other artist's oil paintings.

Be as a tortoise.

View attachment 8832
😃

It could be an opportunity and not a restriction. That goes for anyone. Remember Matisse, unable to paint (permanently, mind you), found a new way to go forward. Before the cut-outs, he reached those large canvases from a chair using sticks! Or so as I recall from a documentary.

I don't know this about Matisse. I guess I need to look this up!

I had heard of Matisse clippings in a documentary and seen some pictures of his collages, beautiful.
then true of the price of the card,
years ago I hadn't noticed it, I didn't think there were so many types of dear, and I didn't know the prices, as Artyczar says, it costs, and can cost a lot, perhaps the one for watercolor, among the most expensive. paper for artistic purposes, writing or painting is a work of art also in creating it, building it,
some time ago I read somewhere on paper, they also reported the prices and the single artistic sheet that we admire in a work may have cost important figures, it is something precious, it is an economic, emotional, time investment, I know nothing about watercolors but I find them beautiful, I'm not sure but I've read that
sometimes it is prepared, I believe, or at least it is particular, that is, sold, built for watercolors, that is, I mean that I do not think it is an economical, obvious thing but that it is absolutely worth every cent and that watercolor is another extraordinary medium.
the canvas, oil has magic, charcoal, graphite, etc, the watercolor, its scrolling on the sheet makes you think of a magic.

Back