Opinions on Rolex Watches

I had a wrist timex watch for a week in hight school and tossed it away. Couldn't stand it on my arm. Had a pocket watch in my 50ths and dragged it around for a few years as it was a present from my wife. It's somewhere in a box. Got a $1000.00 watch for 25 years service and gave it to my son. Don't wear chains or even wear a wedding ring. Can't stand any of it. As for time, these days, I just ask my wife if I have an appointment. Being retired I don't have a lot of use for time and there is time on the TV, Microwave, iPad, Phone. car dash ... it's everywhere.

I bought my wife a Rolex, I don't like the flashiness or thickness of Rolex or even the style really and she rarely wore it. My favourite watch was an Omega Constellation chronograph which was an excellent watch, stainless Steel, unnoticeable and neat.
Most higher brand watches are overrated and overpriced, but that can be said of all designer gear. People rave about the Porsche 911 car yet you can't even recline the seat more than a few inches! The mac air book costs more than other laptops and doesn't even have a USB port. They're just status items and if you don't plan on leaving it to your loved ones when you exit this planet, you can always sell it and have a good holiday or buy something that works. At the end of the day, most things aren't worth anything except in the minds of individuals.

Being retired I don't have a lot of use for time and there is time on the TV, Microwave, iPad, Phone. car dash ... it's everywhere.
Agreed. I have the correct nuclear atomic time on this computer screen and my phone, automatically adjusting for daylight savings cow time. If there's a power outage, I just go brush the snow off my sundial.

Back