Online class project

I use painters Frog Tape - haven't had any issues with it on any kind of paper so far (now I probably jinxed myself!) 🤣

I use painters Frog Tape - haven't had any issues with it on any kind of paper so far (now I probably jinxed myself!) 🤣
Well the real problem was not the washi tape itself but the fact that after I started well things just got in the way and I let it sit for several weeks. When I finally finished I did not think and just started to pull the tape off. Several friends have told me that if you leave the tape too long you need to use a heat gun to warm the glue and then angle the tape away from the paper as you slowly remove it.

Well the real problem was not the washi tape itself but the fact that after I started well things just got in the way and I let it sit for several weeks. When I finally finished I did not think and just started to pull the tape off. Several friends have told me that if you leave the tape too long you need to use a heat gun to warm the glue and then angle the tape away from the paper as you slowly remove it.
I never thought about that, but it makes perfect sense. The two big times I've gotten into trouble are with pieces I had left alone while trying to decide whether or not I'm done. Live and learn!

Joe, this is absolutely phenomenal! It could be framed. The values and execution are so outstanding for such a difficult subject. Perhaps you could crop put the tape damage, but that would change the composition.

Joe, this is absolutely phenomenal! It could be framed. The values and execution are so outstanding for such a difficult subject. Perhaps you could crop put the tape damage, but that would change the composition.
Joy Thank you for the encouraging words. Cropping would definitely mess up the composition. Maybe I will try drawing Her again after I finish the course. Watercolor and ink is the next lesson.

Back