Onions and Garlic Shadows

KreativeK

Onions and Garlic.jpg

9x12 watercolor on Canson 140 lb cold press, just a simple vegetable still life of town of my faves with deep, rich shadows.

I love this. I love the depth of colour and oddly enough I love your shadows. I think this might be my favorite of yours to date.

Your unmuddied colors are an inspiration, Kay, as are those gorgeous shadows. You mentioned in another post that you used Daniel Smith paints. Do you use them exclusively?

What fun to find you here, Kreative Kay! I've always loved your work. This one is no exception: yummy colors and such a skillful execution!

Your unmuddied colors are an inspiration, Kay, as are those gorgeous shadows. You mentioned in another post that you used Daniel Smith paints. Do you use them exclusively?
I also use White Nights and DaVinci and am a DaVinci dealer.

I like that Kay. Thanks to this painting, I see that an almost white or pale grey background looks good and doesn't compete with the vegetables. I've been struggling with that question in an oil still life painting of a pumpkin, bell pepper, and tomato. I think I know what to do now.

Beautiful still life Kay. I love the colors and the simple composition. Great handling of light and shadow.

Back