OK, some paintings to give us a start.

Bartc

Forgive me if you've seen these elsewhere. A few of my most recent plein air pastels.
white house creek beach second try.jpg

another try at leconte.jpg
san gregorio barn 2021.jpg
pigeon point 2021 v2.jpg

The first two are lovely.
In the third, I think the barn is overpowering the scene.
Love the blurriness of the last--heavy winds! A nit, however, the clump of flowers in foreground imo, should also be about blown away.

Love the blurriness of the last--heavy winds! A nit, however, the clump of flowers in foreground imo, should also be about blown away.
Truer to reality than you think in the last scene. Yes, agree with you on the barn. Wasn't satisfied with how it came out. Scale was not as desired.

Hi Bart, the first two a new for me and I really like them. Something for me to learn from :)

Bartc, I haven't seen these elsewhere. Glad you posted because they are very nice and have atmospheric qualities. I like the mood and colors in them. If I may pick a fav it's maybe the last one .. there's something curious about it, I like the composition in this one too. I like the softness you have in these.

Thanks, folks. I struggle with getting a reasonable photo of my work because either my scanner or my cell camera have a color bias that Photoshop doesn't quite correct, and the digital process rendered close up on a computer screen tends to emphasize texture that you would not see if you were 3 or 6 feet away from the painting. So in real life the paintings appear softer, but not blurrier.

Truer to reality than you think in the last scene. Yes, agree with you on the barn. Wasn't satisfied with how it came out. Scale was not as desired.
Not to worry. I'm working on that, too. Along with everything else. :oops:

Back