Not Excalibur

Trier

Supporting Member
And not even a sword.

It is a magical cudgel to be wielded by St. Zilch.
Or . . .
It is a chance juxtaposition of the Duralar overlay I did in the Trufflecat series, with some erasures.
Take your pick. A phony ancient legend that I just made up goes with the cudgel choice.

Fun

P1010131 Cudgel 4 Zilch.JPG

some glare from the Duralar enhances things, I think.

Have we seen this before? Only now the hero appears tilting at ... must be power poles:)

Nope, you don't need the chicken holding the spear. ;) Go back to the original. :giggle:

.. seems we were both on the same bus that went over the cliff ...
Sure looks that way !

I'm going to try applying the time and distance in the air to a Frequent Flyer program.

Gotta get something out of it besides faint praise and insults.

I like your Diebenkornish blues and those spill-over edges.
Thanks Hermes.
Diebenkorn is one of my favorites as is Maxfield Parrish, and their blues are something I aspire to.
I'm glad you like the edges, because I usually crop the photo of a painting so that my usual sloppy edges don't show. But I like them, and this time I left them in to please myself only.

Have we seen this before? Only now the hero appears tilting at ... must be power poles:)
Hey ntl, yes, you have seen some of this before; as I mentioned in the post it was on the Duralar overlay that I made for a couple versions in the Trufflecat series.

I imagined the rough robed arm arising from the field holding a humble cudgel was the peasants version of the offering of the elite sword Excalibur by a beautiful female arm arising out of a magic lake.
I could go on, but explanation means a failure to communicate in the first place.
Good thing I only paint to please myself.

More nuttiness to come !

Nope, you don't need the chicken holding the spear. ;) Go back to the original. :giggle:
CHICKEN ?!!
I guess I deserve that for failing to make the fist holding the cudgel more robust and distinct.

You're right though, I am gong back to the original; but I will be doing more weird things with it, as I told our virtual studio mate, ntl.

I'm afraid I have damaged the Duralar by my erasing efforts which were not totally successful.

I like the dark blob thing holding the spear or whatever it should be, or not be. I see it as an abstract concept and like it there. It gives it an ominous balance for me.

I like the dark blob thing holding the spear or whatever it should be, or not be. I see it as an abstract concept and like it there. It gives it an ominous balance for me.
Thanks Arty, you have really got the drift of where I was going, very perceptive.
I bet you a very good at understanding what the handicapped people with communication problems are trying to say.

Back