Northern Retreat

Reddyman

I love to venture north to our family cottage and take time to explore the beautiful surrounding area lakes and structure. I think it is a great way to escape the daily work stresses of the week and kick back and just take it all in.
These paintings represent a piece of the Canadian North and my hope is through colour, depth and structure it gives you a chance to breath deep and enjoy what I refer to as Mother Nature's handiwork.

Thanks as always for looking and comments.

John

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Northern Retreat
16 by 20 oil

1637784354607-1234.png

Northern Escape

16 by 20 -oil

20190515_124616 (650x507) (480x354)YRRYR.jpg

Hey Wayne, thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated. yes hanging out in the North is always a good time. :):):)

John

Thanks so much Artyczar, I really appreciate the wonderful comments. Our North is such a beautiful area that is makes scenes like this very enjoyable to paint. :)
John

Hey John, real fine works, convincing light. It can be tricky to get the curved lake shoreline without having the horizon seem skewed.

Hey John, real fine works, convincing light. It can be tricky to get the curved lake shoreline without having the horizon seem skewed.
Thanks so much P.Barrrie for the wonderful comments. Yes shoreline perspective can be very tricky to accomplish in a convincing form for sure, much appreciated.
John

These are both absolutely gorgeous! I can practically smell the pines and hear the movement of the water. Stellar work!
I appreciate your wonderful comments Jessie, scenes like these are numerous in our North country so always enjoy painting them when I get the chance. Thanks again.
John

Oh to have those views in real life. You did beautiful work on these, John. Each one feels like being there!

Oh to have those views in real life. You did beautiful work on these, John. Each one feels like being there!
Hi Donna
So good to hear from you and thanks so much for the wonderful comments. I love sitting in the North just listening to the wind in the trees and the water trickling against the rocks taking it all in.
Hope you are doing well.
John :)

Idyllic scenes, both. Wonderful coloring. In the clear air of the north, very believable. Well done.

Thanks NTL, very much appreciated. It makes it easier when you are surrounded by beautiful scenery in our North country.
I get photos any chance I get and some of it is etched in memory for sure. Thanks again.

John

Makes me think of crisp cold clean air and peace. Nice
Thanks so much Laf.art .....there are mornings in the area of our cottage where the air is crisp and clear with visibility for miles allowing a relaxing view of the varied green horizon.:). Much appreciated. :)
John

Back