No name one

Desforges

Mixed media. The paper that I used were prints from my old printer. I had taken photos of my collection of CDs and bookcase.
36”x48”. On masonite plus oil.

9757E224-CE90-4600-A1E3-DE1D30463042.jpeg

Very attractive works Jocelyne !
The top one has sort of a townscape look about it to me, and the second looks somewhat like a quilt pattern.

I'm guessing that they are built with cut out squares of paper that have images on them glued to a ground.
Lotsa work and beautiful results, IMHO.

Very attractive works Jocelyne !
The top one has sort of a townscape look about it to me, and the second looks somewhat like a quilt pattern.

I'm guessing that they are built with cut out squares of paper that have images on them glued to a ground.
Lotsa work and beautiful results, IMHO.
Thank you, Trier!
I basically took photos of my cd collection and books , enhanced the colours of the images, printed them and cut them up in squares. Glued them in place with medium, used oil pastels and tissu paper as well.

Last edited:
Love the first one and the way you've put it together. If you were to play music to accompany this painting what would it be I wonder

Love the first one and the way you've put it together. If you were to play music to accompany this painting what would it be I wonder
So much music ! How about some Inuit throat singing.
There is a rythme in this kind of music that is inspiring. Passed on from mother to daughter, goes on till one laughs. The first one to laugh loses! 😸

Great choice, I sat looking at the painting as I listened and found my eyes travelling all around it, finding the patterns, a very engrossing combination

Great choice, I sat looking at the painting as I listened and found my eyes travelling all around it, finding the patterns, a very engrossing combination
I had the pleasure to hear several throats singers when I worked at the Vancouver folk fest in 2019. Very interesting and especially fun!

Back