NFTs?

JessieNebulous

Someone told me I should get NFTs for my work. My little bit of research leads me to conclude that there's not a whole lot of benefit to it. Does anyone here have any thoughts on this? Do you bother with them? I guess my overall mindset is that if someone wants to steal your art they're going to do it regardless, and it's not like it would be worth trying to prove my ownership. Even if I, say, found someone using my art in their print on demand shop, it's not like it would be worth my time or money trying to fight them over it. I guess I just don't see the point. What do you guys think?

People do living in dreams. to get me sue for stealing art would take them years to prove. not worth the effort and the result might be sad for them.

I can't say I waste thoughts on the thought of someone stealing my work. I might feel proud someone thought it good enough to steal. Well, maybe not but I wouldn't take out insurance against it.

NFT's will become more important in the Meta verse since digital art will the only thing there.

Imagine walking around a virtual 3d version of a Van Gogh. Going into that painting of the night cafe. Feeling the contours of a sculpture.

I think NFTs and the "worry" of having your art stolen are two very different things, like the complete opposites from each other. If you worry about having your art stolen and put some kind of watermark across your images, or something like that, you probably shouldn't be in the NFT business.

NFTs may be a passing phase, IMO, as far as how much they've been selling for in the current landscape. It's extremely hard to really determine who the true owner of an image is unless it's done on a blockchain. And if that has meaning to you (well I guess that doesn't need to matter)--what matters is that it matters to the buyer, then it could be beneficial. But you're right in the fact that it's just as easy for someone to lift the image otherwise by doing a screenshot, or possibly right clicking it and "saving" the image to their desktop, depending on where and how the image is displayed.

But this is all just my opinion.

@Artyczar is right, NFT is not a protection method, it's about ownership. Usually (so far) ownership of a digital image or digital something. But you can go download NFT images that have sold for tens of millions of dollars and "own" the same images yourself, so...what is NFT? It's just a blockchain fad for nerds who have millions of dollars worth of cryptocurrency to spend on nothing. :)

I think NFTs and the "worry" of having your art stolen are two very different things, like the complete opposites from each other. If you worry about having your art stolen and put some kind of watermark across your images, or something like that, you probably shouldn't be in the NFT business.

NFTs may be a passing phase, IMO, as far as how much they've been selling for in the current landscape. It's extremely hard to really determine who the true owner of an image is unless it's done on a blockchain. And if that has meaning to you (well I guess that doesn't need to matter)--what matters is that it matters to the buyer, then it could be beneficial. But you're right in the fact that it's just as easy for someone to lift the image otherwise by doing a screenshot, or possibly right clicking it and "saving" the image to their desktop, depending on where and how the image is displayed.

But this is all just my opinion.
Exact.
and to add that even for any photo out there that i have been found i want to paint or print or whatever i can always claim i photo the same manner too and even farther claim that the original was stollen from mine.
The one that i have seen sitting in jail for copy painting is the one that sold it under the artist signture and told that its the original. probably he sat for the deceit and not for the copying.

What I found interesting is that there is to be a gallery(bricks and mortar) for NFts, can't remember exactly where but I think in the US.So is it becoming mainstream
Here's the link

Last edited:
If there is a "brick and mortar" NFT gallery opening somewhere, that's just hype too. An NFT museum would be the most stupid museum anyone ever set foot in. ;) It would just be walls of TVs displaying images. (Yes, I realize there are already galleries that are just walls of TVs, but they aren't usually showing static images.)

I don't ever see it becoming mainstream, ever, in any universe that humans live in.

You can bookmark this post and come back in five years to tell me I was wrong, but I don't think that will happen. :)

Back