New So. Cal. emerging Artist

stevenD

Hello, After a long career first as a Design Engineer and the last 20 years as a Quality Manager, I have recently retired and now have the time to devote to further exploring, refining and expanding my "ARTography" into a business. My goal is to sell my work thru Art Galleries and/or on-line. I am using a Canon 5D MkIV, typically with a Canon L-Glass lens.

In Apr-2024, I entered one of my Artwork in a open contest at a local (Long Beach Ca.) Art Gallery and WON first place in the Most Creative category!

I've been shooting pictures for over 40 years including a number of years shooting Models (mostly women) in my in-home studio. About 14 years ago I starting perfecting and refining a specialized photographic process, utilizing Glass & Lights to create unique captures that are both Abstract & Psychedelic. I now have well over 500 pieces of Glass, Lights and additional hardware to take my work to the next level. I like to think of my craft as ARTography, as it is the blending of Art with Phography.

My proprietary process is really more like that of an Artist than a Photographer, and I am extremely passionate about the creation. As a Photographer, I want to stay "true" to to this discipline, so I do not do any copying or coloring in the Photo Software I am using (Affinity), as I don't want to create graphic/fractal art (lol, no offense). I only do some minor touch-ups and simple corrections. adjustments and formatting.

I'll add more info in time, but here is a taste of what I am producing. The colors look slightly off here, as they are small jPegs

i am open to any comments, help or advise on marketing my artwork.

CHEERS
stevenD
Amon-Duul1.jpg
Kaske1.jpg
Mythoette1.jpg
Mythos1.jpg

Last edited:
I like your work very much and would appreciate a tutorial on your methods, if you are willing to share your secrets.

And I do appreciate the complement. I've had a number of people ask about my process and I always respectfully decline. But I will say, that it is a process I have refined and expanded on, with a lot of money spent on the various components and the entire process is not the typical Photography one...

Attachments

• InterstellarOverdrive.jpg
    InterstellarOverdrive.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 3
And I do appreciate the complement. I've had a number of people ask about my process and I always respectfully decline. But I will say, that it is a process I have refined and expanded on, with a lot of money spent on the various components and the entire process is not the typical Photography one...
I understand and respect that.

Hi Steven, welcome to the site! Your work is very intriguing! All the prisms remind me of fractals. It's beautiful. Excited to see more.

Welcome! Congratulations on your retirement! Your work is very creative and can't be duplicated in my opinion.

Back