Mouse Family - Lenora, Lucy, Lola, & Leo

jennaboo88

Meet Lenora, Lucy, Lola, and Leo. My little mouse family. Mice have, in just the last year or so, become among my most popular sculptures at art shows. And the mice always have to be holding something (preferably food!). In this case, I have each of these four mice holding a flower or a bouquet of flowers in shades of pinks and purples. Though I envisioned them as a single unit, they have been selling to individual people so that only the "mom" mouse, Lenora, is left. Lucy the mouse - the copper one - went to a very sweet lady I know who is also named Lucy. Her co-workers bought it at my last art show to surprise her and she was tickled to receive Lucy the Mouse. :)

Here is the whole family, all together.

Family 2.jpg
Family 1.jpg
Family 3.jpg

Going from tall to small, here is Lenora, who measures 5.25 inches tall and is made with dark annealed wire, silver wire, and found items including this large, glamorous brooch in her arms.
Lenora 2.jpg
Lenora 6.jpg
Lenora 8.jpg
Lenora 11.jpg

Next, we have Lucy, who measures 3.75 inches tall and is made with silver wire and copper wire, as well as a vintage daffodil pin.
Lucy 2.jpg
Lucy 6.jpg
Lucy 9.jpg
Lucy 11.jpg
Lucy 12.jpg

Then comes little Lola. She may be my secret favorite because she's so little, she looks up to everybody. She measures 3 inches tall and has some fun pink pops to accent her silver wire coloring.
Lola 1.jpg
Lola 4.jpg
Lola 5.jpg
Lucy 11.jpg

And finally, the tiniest of the bunch. Leo. He holds a big, hot pink (clip-on earring) flower in his little arms. He measures a dainty 2.75 inches tall and just a single inch wide. He was the first one I made in this grouping of mice.
Leo 1.jpg
Leo 3.jpg
Leo 6.jpg

Finally, one more photo to show how little these mice are. Here's Lola alone in my light box, showing my whole setup. She has room to grow. ;)
Lola Lightbox.jpg

Whew, that's a lot of photos. If you've stuck around this long, I thank you for your interest! ;) C&C welcome. Thanks very much for looking!

These are wonderful! I love each and every one of them. ❤️ I can imagine that these are big sellers for you. They're charming.

Mouse family, will you be my neighbors? 🥰

Amazing! I love how they are all wonderfully bejeweled. These are so precious with lots of thought to detail. ♥️

Wonderful little characters, Jenna. very creative work. I love that they are all holding flowers. I expect you have heard of Grinling Gibbons, the renowned wood carver who always placed a mouse somewhere in his work.

Thank you so much, Penny! I don't know that I have heard of Grinling Gibbons. Thank you for this link so I can see his incredible wood carvings! What a fun "Easter egg" to have a mouse in his works! A sense of whimsy existed even 300 years ago. How cool is that?

These are wonderful! I love each and every one of them. ❤️ I can imagine that these are big sellers for you. They're charming.

Mouse family, will you be my neighbors? 🥰
Thanks for your kind words, Terri! They would adore being your new neighbors. ❤️

Amazing! I love how they are all wonderfully bejeweled. These are so precious with lots of thought to detail. ♥️
Thanks so much, Ayin! I liked the idea of a theme for them all. The flowers, as well as how they each have at least one gold heart either on the tips of their tails or around their necks. I appreciate that you like that about them.

Unbelievably creative! I spent a while gazing at every loving, finely crafted detail.

Thank you so much, Penny! I don't know that I have heard of Grinling Gibbons. Thank you for this link so I can see his incredible wood carvings! What a fun "Easter egg" to have a mouse in his works! A sense of whimsy existed even 300 years ago. How cool is that?
I’m very pleased you enjoyed seeing the master craftsman Gibbons’ amazing work. Such talent! Yes, humour and whimsey has always existed!

Back