Mori Point

Bartc

Out at Mori Point in Pacifica, CA today with our group. Great weather and some very good painting indeed. 12x9" soft pastel on Anthracite Pastelmat. B. Charlow 2021
Mori Point Nov 21 pastel.jpg

Beautiful! I like the support peeking through a little bit like this. Your choppy waves are great!

Beautiful! I like the support peeking through a little bit like this. Your choppy waves are great!
Terri, I choose the tint of the support deliberately to allow some to show, some to be unpainted around the edges and sometimes even to be a larger part of the picture when doing a vignette effect. Some folks use tinted supports just to get over the "white canvas" intimidation, but that's never been my motivation. I do use the color and the value of the background to help me set up the value structure and color choices.

Great values and nice waves for sure. I can feel all the action of the water in this. Very good Bart. ♥️

Beautiful scene, with those waves breaking into the rocks! Also I like this vintage effect you obtained by using the dark support and the great values. :)

A lovely scene. I'd like to be there! I like how we can see some of the support showing through, and the unpainted edges - it does give the piece a vintage look! 👏

Back