Moose

jennaboo88

Hello everyone!

This is my first wire sculpture of 2022, and it was a commission. My clients wanted a moose, and though I'd wanted to make one for some time, I was now faced with the challenge of finding embellishments that actually looked like moose antlers in the size they wanted the animal to be. Well, nothing could be found unless I wanted to invest some serious money, so I had to get creative and build my own antlers in wire. And they were actually a lot of fun to make!

This moose is made with dark annealed wire, copper wire, and a little steel fencing wire (in the antlers, for sturdiness and strength). On his body, I also added some brown-coated copper wire for a nice, warm, reddish-brown color for his fur. This fellow was a challenge with his unique forms...I learned so much in the making of this piece. It was fun! I was actually a little sad to see him go. I'd like to make another.

This moose measures 8 inches long by 7.5 inches tall by 4 inches wide.

Though he is now in his new home, I still welcome C&C. Thank you so much for looking!

Moose 1.jpg
Moose 2.jpg
Moose 3.jpg
Moose 4.jpg
Moose 5.jpg
Moose 6.jpg
Moose 8.jpg
Moose 9.jpg
Moose 10.jpg
Moose 11.jpg
Moose 13.jpg

I love the moose, Jenna, and the photos are professional. The different coppery and brown wires are gorgeous. If you don't mind, I think I am going to steal your idea and use copper tubing in a painting. I have several 17m rolls of 3mm refrigeration grade copper tubing that I'm sure I could use somehow. Do you ever patinate raw copper? If so, I would appreciate some tips. The only patination I've ever done was with ammonia fumes on a small brass sculpture.

I love the moose, Jenna, and the photos are professional. The different coppery and brown wires are gorgeous. If you don't mind, I think I am going to steal your idea and use copper tubing in a painting. I have several 17m rolls of 3mm refrigeration grade copper tubing that I'm sure I could use somehow. Do you ever patinate raw copper? If so, I would appreciate some tips. The only patination I've ever done was with ammonia fumes on a small brass sculpture.
Oh, thank you so much, Hermes! I'm glad you like him. I love the idea of the use of copper tubing in a painting! I can imagine all the fun texture and dimension that could be achieved with added mixed media elements in the painting. I've not tried my hand at any form of patina in copper, but I know some amazing things can be done! I wish I had tips to offer, but that's uncharted territory for me. Good luck in your painting adventures and have fun! Hope we get to see what you do with it!

Back