Mary And Donald's House

john

Did this from a photo my friend Donald took of his house. Maybe I'll straighten the trim a little more. Hopefully they want it because I'm giving it to them. I'm done doing paintings of houses for a while. :)

10x8.5 inches oil on paper. Thanks for looking.

1641938567449.png

I think they will be happy with it. The entrance to the house and the plants
around it are done very well.

This turned out beautifully. The house itself looks lovely under your sky, which is beautiful all its own.

Great job!

Oh they're going to want this! It's really nice, John. I like the glowing lights on the upper floor and the quiet nighttime feel.

Thanks guys. It was a good learning experience. I used some liquin for the first time and I see why some people like it, and I have a mahlstick now!

I really like this, it is very atmospheric. I'm pretty sure they will like it. It will be lovely framed up, inside the house.

I've been asked to paint a house too (from an old photo. The house has now been demolished) and I keep putting it off because it's not the kind of thing I normally paint and I don't know where to start. I guess I just need to give it a try!

Super painting. I like the moon glow. Seems like night scenes would be more difficult to paint - greater risk of turning muddy.

This turned out excellent John! I mean it. I hope you haven't been staring at it too long and can't see it, but it really is a great painting. They will be thrilled. ♥️

In my experience, people usually enjoy receiving paintings of their own houses. You've done a good job with this one, and I'm sure they'll love it.

Back