Man Who's Very Much Not an Artist Draws Hilariously Bad Pet Portraits to Raise Money for Charity

I don't think they are terrible, I quite like them all. They have a certain charm. :giggle:

OMG! How is he not an artist? Especially that cat with his mouth open. I love these.

some are very funny and nice.
dachshund, some cats etc,
one looks like Santa's little helper (Simpsons dog), cool

I love these two:

5-pet-portrait-1603469579311.jpg

6-pet-portrait-1603469688428.jpg

My landlady introduced me to his work. I think he is better than he lets on; many of these are clearly deliberately distorted and cartoonified. I particularly likes the supposed review of his work (which he also writes himself).

article says (paraphrasing) ""It started out as a joke on facebook - offering to draw your pet for $400. He got two thousand or more requests, and then told people to donate to his local homeless shelter instead.""-

$400. times 2,000 equals $800,000. eight-hundred-thousand dollars!! So either there is some exaggeration going on or he is a very "special" kinda guy.. The charity says it has raised $17,000 from his drawings. If he had taken the $400 per, he could have donated $300,000 of that to the charity and still made half a million dollars for himself. If it were in Denmark something would smell fishy.

My take is the venture was a bit more crafty (manipulative) from the beginning than is being told. Artists historically do what they have to do to get their work noticed. If my take is correct - Hats off to him. Ingenuity gets my admiration over dumb luck any day. As they say in movie credits. "No harm was done to Animals" and his career is launched.

Back