Mainly Manly

Hausamann

Mainly Manly (1992) is a painting based on Manly Beach, Sydney, Australia.
Oil paint on plywood. 1220 x750mm.

Mainly Manly - sml.jpg

I too love the composition and there is a lovely sense of depth. There are also many little details that really like - the trees, the reflections in the wet sand and the flying birds. Super work.

Superbly balanced composition- the diagonals of the seagulls bring the eye back in- very well done. Like all of your work, the realism is astonishing in your nearly illustrative in style- how long did this take you?

Superbly balanced composition- the diagonals of the seagulls bring the eye back in- very well done. Like all of your work, the realism is astonishing in your nearly illustrative in style- how long did this take you?
About a week.

Fantastic, I said it before, and I´ll repeat it here, I find there is a very magical quality to your work.

What an excellent piece! Your skills are really incredible. Your style is super-duper impressive. I'm loving it. ♥️

Gorgeous - full of little details, and the realism is almost over the top! Wonderful work!

What an excellent piece! Your skills are really incredible. Your style is super-duper impressive. I'm loving it. ♥️
Thanks.
I fear that I have lost the skills somewhat. 1992 was a long time ago. I know if I start painting, and keep on painting, I may start picking up what I once had. I guess we will soon see about that.

Thanks.
I fear that I have lost the skills somewhat. 1992 was a long time ago. I know if I start painting, and keep on painting, I may start picking up what I once had. I guess we will soon see about that.
I had about a 30 year no painting period after painting at school, but it quickly came back - reading up on composition etc helped a lot. Looking forward to seeing your next piece.

I hope you'll be painting more too because you obviously have so much talent. What a gorgeous painting! Maybe your style will change if you start up again ... it's an adventure every time.

I hope you'll be painting more too because you obviously have so much talent. What a gorgeous painting! Maybe your style will change if you start up again ... it's an adventure every time.
Thanks @Donna T . Yes you are right, my style does change. I hope it will change for the better.

Back