Magic Basin

Thank you so very much Andy, Jo, Bethany, Balaji, Hermes, and Lamar for the quote! ♥️

Hermes, the colors I choose are completely spontaneous. I work that stuff out as I go along, but I do think about it with much consideration. It's both loose and meticulous at the same time if that makes any sense, because I see color as a kind of strategy. I "feel" what will work together side-by-side and overall. There needs to be balance, compliments, and a kind of flow, but it's also just what "feels" right. Thanks for asking me this by the way. I find it kind of fascinating to answer this question because it gives me a way to recognize what's going on in the process. I have not thought about it before.

Oh my!! How did I miss this? :oops:

Anything I could say about this seems to have been covered by everyone. The bright beautiful palette, your wonderful landscape sketch, and the overall sense of playfulness are all here.

You're doing excellent work this summer, Ayin! Hard to believe just some months ago you were sweating over being ready for the upcoming solo show. :) And now you're onto other projects - or will this one be added to the fall lineup? Not really desert like the others but it could easily fit in.

I love it! ❤️

Thank you Terri. I appreciate you and your wonderful feedback. This will not be in the show. Just a little break from everything else. I've also been working with another artist doing some collaborative pieces, which has been challenging actually. We have been off to a rocky start and have been settling on some larger gouaches now. We bother have very different approaches, but have similar aesthetics. It's been a little difficult though. I haven't worked with collaborating with other artists much.

Thank you Terri. I appreciate you and your wonderful feedback. This will not be in the show. Just a little break from everything else. I've also been working with another artist doing some collaborative pieces, which has been challenging actually. We have been off to a rocky start and have been settling on some larger gouaches now. We bother have very different approaches, but have similar aesthetics. It's been a little difficult though. I haven't worked with collaborating with other artists much.
I find it very challenging to cooperate with another artist. There is always some competition involved and I don't like that at all. I prefer working on my own, it is less difficult ...

Thank you Kay. :)

I hear you Andy, I have learned what I already know--I prefer to work alone, of course, but I wanted to challenge myself. I thought I would learn stuff, which I have (especially about myself), but so far, I have had just as much anxiety as I've had joy. It's 50/50. There's not so much competition as there is/was finding how to find common ground on where to meet. Now we are both working on our own. One of us starts something and the other finishes it and we trade off. This seems to be working best.

I've also been working with another artist doing some collaborative pieces, which has been challenging actually. We have been off to a rocky start and have been settling on some larger gouaches now. We bother have very different approaches, but have similar aesthetics.
Ewww. It does sound challenging - the creative process can be difficult enough without trying to please or accommodate another's approach.

I'm glad you seem to have worked out a way to continue - I'm looking forward to seeing the finished work! ❤️

Back