Little Shed In Winter

Enyaw

namuh
26.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. knife/brush .. painted Dec 17/21
inspiration was a photo from pixelbay ..

Fantastic and so cold! Love the lead in pointer, a fence post, as a compositional device to lead the viewer into the scene. Brilliant work!

Wonderful. ❤ Your knife skills never disappoint! Beautiful palette.

This is such a nice painting! I’m impressed by the houses/buildings in the background. You barely described them but they add so much depth and interest.

thank you Terri

Thank you Donna .. I was afraid no one noticed them .. I tried to make the viewer look but once they looked, they were hooked .. houses everywhere ..

Thank you Oana .. most of the realism is recognized through color and value . I use a brush to get original shapes and brush in large masses of color but then go over it all with my knife adding and subtracting warms and colds as I go .. changing a value if it needs a change. The looser and less you disturb your strokes the more power it has as a painting. You can put opposing colors over one another but when you mix them in is when you get mud and that is why I prefer the knife as I can lay it over and in.

Thanks Zen

Just so you know, Wayne, I did notice the other buildings and was impressed by how they blended quietly into the background, letting the shed be the star of the show.

Sorry I didn't mention that, and have you thinking that element of the painting was overlooked. :)

Just so you know, Wayne, I did notice the other buildings and was impressed by how they blended quietly into the background, letting the shed be the star of the show.

Sorry I didn't mention that, and have you thinking that element of the painting was overlooked. :)
LOL. Not to worry. If no one had I would have had to try harder next time to be a tad less abstracted in that area. It's all a learning experience. When I get it right I will know. I am trying to get a lot more abstracted but allow the right things at the right moments.

Thanks Ayin. We've had 2 squalls of 2 feet but it's gone before I can get a picture. Big storm followed by rain. Snowing now and supposed to be sunny tomorrow and next so maybe.

This one really works beautifully Wayne and I love the way you painted the distant treeline and houses...just super!!

John

Back