Last ride

ColorEnthusiast

Soft pastels with a watercolor underpainting done on PastelMat 30x40 cm.
Reference is a photo I took at the end of our skiing at New Years Eve.

DSC01328_2_pge.jpg

You did a great job capturing the body posture of your skier. I like your wide sloping lines and those distant skies. Lovely work!

Thank you for taking time and commenting Anne, Patrick, Donna, Arty and Terri.

Terri, In fact I lied with the posture of the snowboarder. In the moment I took the photo he jumped into the scene from the left and I thought, wow this must look exceptional in the photo and when I checked the image later, I found I got him in a second his movement looked really awkward and he had a white parka difficult to separate from the snow, ...
At the end I studied license free photos with snowboarders to find a fitting posture and changed the colors of his parka. So I used artistic license to get it work.

Thank you for taking time and commenting Anne, Patrick, Donna, Arty and Terri.

Terri, In fact I lied with the posture of the snowboarder. In the moment I took the photo he jumped into the scene from the left and I thought, wow this must look exceptional in the photo and when I checked the image later, I found I got him in a second his movement looked really awkward and he had a white parka difficult to separate from the snow, ...
At the end I studied license free photos with snowboarders to find a fitting posture and changed the colors of his parka. So I used artistic license to get it work.
So basically, you're telling me I'm not alone for having done this. ;)

Artistic license clears many obstacles.

Great work Esther. It's not easy to capture the half light of dusk. I'm always interested in all the different combinations of media which you use, you are very versatile!

Back