Lake Side In Winter

Enyaw

namuh
015.jpg

This is a revision on an older piece .. 11 x 6 inches .. I rehashed some of the color on an older piece and changed it a little but not a lot. I found it in my old junk folder and decided to try a fix.

Last edited:
thank you CaliAnn .. hard to get the right color but it's close .. some paintings just don't photo.

Thank you Sno

Thank you Zen .. yes, that and reflections in the open water .. This is what you see if you were viewing the painting from a distance
015w.jpg

Definitely NOT junk! Love the water reflection. So simple but sublime.
You should mine your junk pile more often, Wayne.

thank you Bart .. my junk pile includes most of what I do. I just paint for my pleasure. Years ago I destroyed most of my paintings to save someone the effort when I die. I mostly paint on paper now so it's much easier to dispose of. I make an effort to do less and less detailing and keep closer to the block in with a few well meant strokes to open the door, so to speak. Most times I fail because I add and add and add. Every now and then I get lucky and get a nice piece.

thank you Bart .. my junk pile includes most of what I do. I just paint for my pleasure. Years ago I destroyed most of my paintings to save someone the effort when I die. I mostly paint on paper now so it's much easier to dispose of. I make an effort to do less and less detailing and keep closer to the block in with a few well meant strokes to open the door, so to speak. Most times I fail because I add and add and add. Every now and then I get lucky and get a nice piece.
Wayne, I implore you to cease burning your work! So what if your heirs have to sort out a bit?
My mother was a highly skilled artist in many media. She was prolific. When she died we kids sorted out her work. Some of it is still in my sister's basement, but much of it got to be treasured, and I would bet her friends would love to have some of them.
One of my painting buddies started selling his work inexpensively at open studios events, just to clear out his pile. Gave him some satisfaction to see others value it (even cheaply), made space for more work and even paid for materials. I'm thinking of doing something similar with my accumulating paintings.
But if you destroy them, NOBODY gets to enjoy them, and given the quality of your work that would be a real shame.

This is my favorite kind of painting, Wayne. It looks abstract one second and then it becomes a landscape and then back to being abstract. The colors are beautifully neutral; sublime as Bart said. I envy your junk pile because I'm not able to paint like I want to and a pile of work means that you're doing what you love to do. Keep 'em coming!

Thank you Donna. I'd like to get there more often than I do but it's difficult to get that limited. I keep trying.

Wayne, I implore you to cease burning your work! So what if your heirs have to sort out a bit?
My mother was a highly skilled artist in many media. She was prolific. When she died we kids sorted out her work. Some of it is still in my sister's basement, but much of it got to be treasured, and I would bet her friends would love to have some of them.
One of my painting buddies started selling his work inexpensively at open studios events, just to clear out his pile. Gave him some satisfaction to see others value it (even cheaply), made space for more work and even paid for materials. I'm thinking of doing something similar with my accumulating paintings.
But if you destroy them, NOBODY gets to enjoy them, and given the quality of your work that would be a real shame.
Such a dilemma for those of us who are prolific. I've recently decided to give some works away, if someone likes one, and sell others cheaply just so they are out there, not in my storage area. Others, that feel unfinished, I keep coming back to. These ones I put a higher price on.

Yea. I don't give it much thought. If someone turned over a rock and decided they could make money off my paintings I could put a bunch together in a hurry. I keep my better studies so I have things I could turn to

Back