Just practicing

Bartc

Just practicing. Foster City Blvd. Bridge and canals. 9x3" ink & watercolor on Strathmore 400 Multimedia paper. B. Charlow 2023.
Foster City Blvd Bridge and Canal.jpg

Looks good for practice. Proportions look right, shadows and reflections right- it's solid work for just"practice".

Thanks, Jae. It's off in one spot. Was sketching in bright sunlight and really couldn't see what I was doing clearly. Had to move to shaded spot away from my view in order to ink and paint it in. But it's fine for me too.

That's a challenging subject! But good for practice - and I think you did a fine job here. I like your bridge, and the way you handled the water. Sketching in bright sunlight sounds challenging all by itself! Nice work.

I could have responded before and forgot to hit the reply button. That has happened to me before. Sorry.

Ayin, not just you. There are three others. I'm not expecting a response; happy to get them of course. Just curious as to why all of a sudden. Maybe someone came back from a trip and went through what they missed, thus pushing this old post up to the current week? Who knows?
Making it even stranger, just now someone pops up a "like" on one of my FB pages about this post from 3 weeks ago, having nothing to do with Creative Spark.
Have I come "unstuck in time"????

Thanks, Jae. It's off in one spot. Was sketching in bright sunlight and really couldn't see what I was doing clearly. Had to move to shaded spot away from my view in order to ink and paint it in. But it's fine for me too.
I too face this problem when sketching on location, even though I sketch with my dark glasses on.
And, while it may be off in one spot, it is on in most others and very pleasingly too. I like the sketch a lot.

Thanks Ayin and all, but I'm mystified why this is getting attention 3 weeks later than it was posted.
I don't know about others, but each time I visit this site I have enough time to look at only a few posts at the top of the page and then I leave the site. I think this is the first time that this particular post of yours has been one of the first few on the page.

The reflections (and the whole scene) look so natural and spontaneous. Very fresh.

Back