Is it All Right to Post my Holiday Photos here?

Fascinating, info. Thank you! When we travel, we enjoy history and talking to the locals. During a recent holiday, we spoke with many proud residents. So much more informative than shopping for trinkets! In Nassau, we happened to ask a man getting in a very nice car outside a famous church the type of tree outside. Well, he turned out to be a dentist who was the organist and we had a lovely talk about our practices and places we both lived. The church has been closed to the public during the pandemic, but he was gracious enough to let us in and give a tour! A highlight was the specially marked pew where QE II sits during her visits.

You are welcome, Joy. What an interesting experience that must have been, to be taken round the church. It is good to talk to locals. A lady I sat next to on the Catamaran, who lives on the island, turned out to have lived in Devizes, where my sister lives, and to know Trowbridge - where I live - very well! Such a coincidence to talk to her out of the couple of hundred people on the boat.

Back