Is it All Right to Post my Holiday Photos here?

0697B742-4A35-4600-9835-C21FCD3D47AC.jpeg

Beach at Cowes

831A70D5-6EE1-4008-95F6-C613C333BCB7.jpeg

We walked the public footpath across this field to take the disused railway line path - Lower Hyde

Lots of cool photos! I especially like seeing the local businesses, thatched(?) roof cottages, and the footpaths sign above. :)

Thanks, Hostajunkie. Yes, thatched roofs. I’m pleased you liked seeing them.

These are great! Loved seeing the old towns, the beautiful shorelines and those thatched roof cottages. 😍

Looks like such a great trip! Happy you shared these with us!

These are phenomenal! My first thought was that they would make great painting refs, also. The history is thrilling. It deosn't appear to be crowded. Did you go an off season?

These are phenomenal! My first thought was that they would make great painting refs, also. The history is thrilling. It deosn't appear to be crowded. Did you go an off season?
Thank you very much, Joy, Yes, I would think the island gets busier from May to September, and during school holidays. Many people commute by ferry or catamaran to work on the mainland, and children come across from England to go to school there.
Everywhere is very dog-friendly And tourist orientated. There are lots of walkers and cyclists holidaying there, too. Inland of the island is very rural, with coastal towns around it. And of course, Cowes is the famous venue for many yacht races, regattas and sailing. I believe the America’s Cup races are based there.

Back