Interchange

Bongo

I've made a metric ton of paintings that I've never shown, felt weren't ready for prime time. Many painted over or tossed. But looking at some of the survivors recently - now with the perspective of time - I'm finding some of them kinda charming. -- like this one - probably 5+ years old.

Interchange - acrylic on 24" x 12" hardboard

Interchange.jpg

Hey Bongo, we’re lucky to have seen this one. It’s very well done!

I wanted to make the "wow" face, but I used the love face instead. This is quite incredible, in my book anyway. I'm deeply impressed and love it. Super amazing piece, even emotional!

A simile for the options in life, or the road not taken? Overwhelming. ... Great piece, I'm living that now.

Glad to see this one, Bongo, I think it has a lot going for it and kinda inspirational in a way.

It also looks like an oil painting. Sometimes from pictures on the web, you can't tell the dif. Regardless, I was so impressed when I came back to look at it twice on my big screen (my desktop. -- was on my phone at first)). It's really a perfect piece. I'm curious to read about how you didn't think it was all that for a while. Is that right? How? It's excellent and well within your style. One of your better ones maybe! ♥️ I really love it.

wonderful job, nice to see every section, detail of the work. of the road weaves.

Nice one, Bongo! Glad to hear you're re-looking at older paintings. I've done some of that myself lately and find it helps to have a new perspective - some I used to like I now find major fault with, a few the reverse. All a learning process.

thanks everyone for the kind words. It was originally 24x16 and there was an off-ramp to a small group of buildings in the upper left. I could never get that right after many(many) tries. And that burned me out on it. i put a strip of painter's tape across the top to indicate cropping to the size it is now, and then it started to grow on me and I went ahead and cut it down. Now I want to make a frame for it.

Trufflecat - I know what you mean about the reverse. I had another painting up for several years and nobody even managed to fake a smile at it. But I liked it. It was two guys standing in a small boat - one on each end holding up a huge swordfish. Then I noticed some pretty significant flaws.. Now everytime I looked at it all I see are the flaws.

I paint just to please myself, but there is a range of subject matter that I like and that other people do too - so I try to paint more of those. Turns out dead fish isn't one of them.

I've made a metric ton of paintings that I've never shown, felt weren't ready for prime time. Many painted over or tossed. But looking at some of the survivors recently - now with the perspective of time - I'm finding some of them kinda charming. -- like this one - probably 5+ years old.

Interchange - acrylic on 24" x 12" hardboard

View attachment 9437
Isn't it interesting that a real image like this can look so abstract?

Some people like dead fish! I made a somewhat abstract dead fish painting a really long time ago and sold it. But I will admit, I was surprised. I'm surprised at every sale though.

It is interesting how this can be observed as abstract in some ways. I have come back to look at this painting several times because I like it so much.

Back