In My Dreams

Artyczar

In My Dreams, oil on linen, 30 x 30 inches.

inmydreamsdetail.jpg

color is nice, I like the muted color .. the washed green is real soothing along side the lavender

Thanks Wayne. :) The color is pink, not really lavender. I should probably adjust the image if it's reading lavender.

(y) Nope, my wife is always telling me I don't know one color from the other and truth be told she is probably right. Pink it is

It's funny...well, I won't say too much about it, but I had named this painting two titles, a title for the top half and a title for the bottom half, but there's not a way to do that in a way to really document it correctly and explain it online, and so I just used the top half title. The bottom half was too risqué anyway. ;)

Thank you Jocelyn. I guess I can start calling you by your real name since Sno started to. I did it once and then wondered if maybe you wanted to stay a bit ambiguous instead. Let me/us know.

I started signing Desforges or Defo when I was young. I noticed that women generally signed pretty and that they were not taken as seriously as men. unless you were someone famous' girlfriend, you stayed in the background.
I don't want to sound like I am whining because I am not, just saying what it was like here in Quebec.
That was in the sixties. I like to think that some things have changed a little. ;)
Jocelyne is fine, Carol.

I hear you JD, I changed my last name when I was 15 and started signing C. Es for the same reasons. Sometimes I still sign that way. I'd like to think things are changing. Maybe they are, a little.

You probably know I'd recently thought about changing my name and have, for now, changed my mind about that, but only because I am known in LA as artist Carol Es and I don't want to screw with that career path. To me, Carol was always a girl's name and I am neither male or female, but there are males named Carroll, and even Carol. Maybe it can be androgynous? I don't know.

Back