Igitur Woke

Mississippi Hippie

48”x 36” Acrylic on canvas
IMG_4118.jpeg

Superb color palette/combinations! Very compelling composition. This is GREAT MH! ♥️

Those colors and shapes are beautiful together! Wow! I’m glad it’s fairly big so it will really make an impact on a wall. It sounds like it might already have found a home. I hope the sale goes through!

I hope it goes thru, too. The buyer sounds like a handsome country man who knows what he’s doing, smart, too.
I used pink, blue, and purple in different values to show relational reactions of color and varying ranges and warms and coldness of those colors. The shapes come from drawing from my own paintings, looking at recent shows of collections of art on shape that showed art from about a 60 year time period, and shapes that are nostalgic to me.
The composition is natural and inspired by improvising and work I feel follows my process.

It's just wonderful. Beautiful colors and shapes that keeps me looking. Well done. Congrats on the potential sales - see how things can turn around? ;)

Things do turn around, good things happening give me critical perspective as well. Some of my paintings have negative upvotes, and the collector doesn’t mind. I got a nice ‘me gusta’ comment one one that didn’t get upvoted, people are smarter than you think sometimes, especially art people.

I’ve read and now observe to a degree, that art about shape is thought of as somehow, antagonizing to some, while provoking to others. I love it so much that it’s not easy for me to articulate why people seem to not prefer shapes, I get more a positive response from forms rather than shapes, people seem to appreciate depth. I love form created by depth, too. Still, the art world prefers art that places prominence on a different art principle, at least judging by the internet likes and dislikes, and how a game fan art painting I made received 200 upvotes on Reddit when it was fan art. (I don’t think as highly of it) Well, just shows how elevated Art doesn’t get elevated upvotes.

another good one. I wish you all the luck with the man from Imgur - but please be careful there are a lot of cons out there, especially aimed at artists. Make sure you get paid first. and there are a lot of scams around the shipping, and "over paying".

Asking about multiple paintings is a also common red flag.

good luck.

Back