Ice And Snow II .. because

Enyaw

namuh
9.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima // knife .. painted Dec 7/21
Simply tried to get better depth ..

You achieved a great sense of depth! I also love how you caught the cold winter atmosphere. Did you have a reference or did you simply paint it from imagination?

Thank you Donna ..

Thank you Perry ..

Thank you ommc ..
This is from Imagination. If I use a photo reference I use it only as a starting point for values and then I add and subtract shapes till I get a painting pleasing to my eye.

Thank you Ayin .. you are a frequent rider on the train so your eye notices the bumps and lumps as well as the flowers. I was thinking of that old dude again today and couldn't help but think about what he said about yesterdays's painting won't help you do today's because each painting is a separate entity on it's own .. maybe not those words but that 's what I heard. That was just a brilliant observation of the process. Have no thought of where you think it is going but follow along and do what it tells you.

I wholeheartedly believe that too. I have always felt that my own work--each painting is singular like a separate entity too. That makes so much sense.

Wayne....I really like this. You really take us right into the scene with your treeline perspective and wonderful hints of light. Great depth once again. I am a big winter fan and your work just puts me there every single time. Beautiful.
John

Ayin. It makes such sense I can see how it's overlooked.

Thanks John. I just finished three hours of shoveling and blowing snow. Got a few feet last night. Worst part is we are going back into the teens with two days rain. Going to be some mess and for those who hope the rain willnclear the snow and it doesn't they are in for ice.

Back