I need a boat

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Contributing Member
And I don't paint boats:) oil Pastel, on A5 cards. Created from sketches at 1770 marina, Queensland. Not representative of reality, or my sketches. But it's a start.
boat1n2_20240308182024.jpg
1000003986-02.jpeg

Attachments

• 1000003986-02.jpeg
    1000003986-02.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 3
Nice to see you picking up the oil pastels, Jennie! I like your sketches here. The boats are fun and colorful.

the shapes of the first two remind me of high school boat drawing in art class .. I like the center one in the attachments best.

the shapes of the first two remind me of high school boat drawing in art class .. I like the center one in the attachments best.
Ive not done any art classes, but went through my 'art books' and found a Draw Boats, and there they were. Haven't opened the book, based on its location, for over 10 years.

Nice to see you picking up the oil pastels, Jennie! I like your sketches here. The boats are fun and colorful.
I wish pastels weren't so needy ... glass framing, sticky in sketch books ... but they are still a favourite when I need to do something soothing

I wish pastels weren't so needy ... glass framing, sticky in sketch books ... but they are still a favourite when I need to do something soothing
Agreed. I love them for so many reasons, but they are difficult to stack up/store. I ruined a few packing during this last move, and I was very careful. They are picky things!

Back