Husky Portrait

CaliAnn

This is 1 of 2 portraits I'm doing for a friend. It's for their grandparents 60 - yes SIXTY year anniversary. I don't do portraits anymore - except for special reasons, because I hate doing them. The photos they provided for the 2 dogs were on old, wrinkled polaroids. We had to get really creative to recreate the dogs. They just signed off on this one - the other one is almost complete. Hard pastel on uart sanded paper 9 x 12. c&c welcome

Husky.png

It’s beautiful, CaliAnn. I love the expression. I feel for you about awful photos to work from as I’ve had those, too.

Thanks Penny. This one was a challenge, as the dog had 2 different color eyes and the blue one was slightly crossed and malformed. We went back and forth until they felt I had it right. I couldn't tell from the photo. Ugh... it just reminded me of why I don't do these any more!

You had problems but resolved them. I would be very pleased if it was mine. Pastels can be difficult. There is a delicacy about it which is so good. I look forward to seeing the other one. 😎

You've done a beautiful job!❤️ ❤️I used to have a collie with 2 different colored eyes, we always called the blue or white one a glass eye. :)

Huskies are well known for two different color eyes like this. We used to have one. Kind of neat, I think. And a really beautiful portrait! :)

Lovely painting. I love his expression.
Cheers,
Patricia

it is a wonderful painting. I like very much.
oh, my last dog also had eyes of this color, he was not a Husky but he was one of the grandparents or a parent, from there he had inherited that

Back