Hugo

Schuee

This is Hugo, he belongs to a friend of a friend.

Polychromos pencils, with the odd Caran D’Ache and Prismacolour, though I find the last two sorts rather soft in texture.

It took me a while to mix colours and produce swatches as there isn’t a pencil of the correct champagne colour. I have just started using a Prismacolor “Ginger Root” shade, which I find very useful.

Attachments

• 202D4B33-082E-45B2-92F1-93E3301F1BF5.jpeg
    202D4B33-082E-45B2-92F1-93E3301F1BF5.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 85
Hugo is gorgeous, Penny! I would think it must be a real challenge to get the color and the direction of all the fur correct - but you made it all look effortless.

That is very kind of you to say so, Donna. I’m pleased you like seeing Hugo. Long haired dogs fur can be tricky!

Great job with the hair and texture, as always. What I really like about this is some texture to the BG that really sets off the subject well.

Thanks a lot, Joy. I’ve only just discovered this Fabriano, 85lbs, 15% cotton paper - I bought a pad of the sand colour - and the texture show through light layers of colour. Apparently, it’s suitable for all dry techniques. It was commissioned by a friend to give to relationsowners are being as a surprise.

Back