Horizontal stripes paintings

trufflecat

As promised, here are a few of my paintings for rcleary in particular, since his or her 'Heath' painting in the Abstract Experiments post reminded me of them. This was when I was in my horizontal stripes phase. Comments from anyone most welcome.
Afterglow is 16x20 inches, Race Point is 18x24. Both in oil. Thanks.

Attachments

• AfterglowEnglish Moors.jpg
    AfterglowEnglish Moors.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Race Point Beach.jpg
    Race Point Beach.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 73
Thanks for sharing these - they are both beautiful works. Race Point Beach appears to use a traditional beach color palette. Anyone who loves the beach (and I'm including my wife) will most likely love this painting. I haven't given much thought or research into horizontal painting, but I can feel the tranquility that this painting radiates. Afterglow English Moors incorporates a more emotional palette. There is a sense of peace but not tranquility. This painting gives me the urge for adventure. I want to fetch my walking stick and start exploring this beautiful landscape and meet the lucky people who dwell here.

These are my immediate and unfiltered thoughts of your work. I am very impressed with your workmanship and style.

These are wonderful! The beach palette is so relaxing and I can almost hear the waves breaking on the shore. The rich, warm layers of ground colors in English Moors contrasts so well against the cool tones of the sky. You make those stripes work for you and they do not feel random in any way.

These are stellar pieces, and I agree with the craftmanship being of superb quality. Stunning works! :)

Both are beautiful and vibrant! The beach scene is particularly appealing.

Back