Pointillism Again

trufflecat

I did a pointillist style landscape awhile ago, and, wonder of wonders, it sold recently. (And under unusual circumstances - my doctor displayed a few of my paintings in her exam rooms, that was one of them, and a patient bought it). So I decided to pursue that route again (why not? I'm always switching styles, trying to find my true home!). Here are two recent examples. Both are 18x24 oil. Not very abstract, I'm afraid. C&C most welcome, my friends.

Devonshire Canal
Devon Canal800.jpg

Iceland Farm
Iceland Farm 800.jpg

These are beautiful. Your colors are so lovely and the effect is soft and lush. ❤

They are gorgeous to look at. It looks like such a painstaking technique. Do you find it so, but enjoyable?

It's not surprising at all that you've sold already. Your work is wonderful!

Those are both beauties! You've varied the colors beautifully with the dots of paint. ❤️❤️❤️

Yes, beautiful, both of them Susan. They have such a pleasurable ambiance that it makes viewing them very enjoyable.
It looks to me that you have found another "true home' style in addition to your wonderful night and interior scenes with their masterful values handling and your landscapes and abstracts as seen on your website.

Abstract or not, these are really beautiful! Congrats on the sale and I hope there will be more!

Magnificent works, Susan!! 👏👏👏
We haven’t seen your work here in a while and hey it was worth waiting for!!

Wow! What work you put into these. They are both spectacular. I prefer the bottom, but see why the top sold (is that the one that sold)? Or did they both sell? I am not surprised. They are both so incredibly stunning. So well done! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Wow, I am turning red from all of your comments. So much appreciated, many many thanks to all of you.🙏🙏🙏
Terri- you hit the nail on the head - painstaking and time consuming but I do enjoy it. And Nufocus - that's why it's been a while since I posted. It takes me forever to do one of these. You and many others are so prolific in comparison!
Arty - I agree. I like the Iceland Farm (second one) better, too. Thanks for all of your thoughtful comments.
The one that sold from the doctor's office is this one:
Reflection Points.jpg

This one is also a beauty! I see it as abstract one minute and representational the next; my favorite kind of art.

Lovely, they look time-consuming but I can imagine that is probably very enjoyable methodically working your way across the canvass.

These are gorgeous! I love the refelctions and water in the first one and the colours in the second. There's a lot of work in these! Love the third one too, especially those blues. The colours are joyous. Congratulations on the sale. :)

Wow, I am turning red from all of your comments. So much appreciated, many many thanks to all of you.🙏🙏🙏
Terri- you hit the nail on the head - painstaking and time consuming but I do enjoy it. And Nufocus - that's why it's been a while since I posted. It takes me forever to do one of these. You and many others are so prolific in comparison!
Arty - I agree. I like the Iceland Farm (second one) better, too. Thanks for all of your thoughtful comments.
The one that sold from the doctor's office is this one:
View attachment 12922
Again, gorgeous reflections! I understand why it sold. It's beautiful.

Not surprised that painting sold …. these are lovely works, they shimmer!
Seurat could take a couple of years over a painting, maybe yours are smaller!!😂

Thank you all so much. You give me courage to keep working on this style. I try hard to vary the color of adjacent dots to effectively create a new color or shade but often not successfully. Sometimes I stand back from the painting and then say to myself - it just looks like all the same green!
Donna - I agree this older painting is more abstract than the 2 newer ones. I like that aspect of it better and need some way to return to it. Thanks for taking the time to comment.
Shout out to Katie - how nice to hear from you! And thank you. I encourage you to post some of your wonderful work.

Back