Home Town/Grow-up/Live Now

Artyczar

I thought this might be fun. Anything that comes up that's interesting/in common with someone else, they can be asked to expand on whatever.

In what town were you born?

Where did you grow up?

Where do you live now?

I was born in Los Angeles.
I grew up there too (in almost every neighborhood), but also: Pennsylvania and Florida.
Now I live in Joshua Tree, CA

Your turn!

I was born in Rockford, Illinois
I grew up mostly outside of Detroit, but also lived in Atlanta. We moved a few times when I was a kid, never staying too long anywhere until we landed in Michigan.
Now I live in a small rural town east of Atlanta.

Next! :)
(Nice idea, Arty)

Born in Hawthorne CA (Los Angeles County) also lived in Project City, Shasta County, Monterey and Atascadero. Grew up as an "Army brat" (father in Service) spent 3 years living in Okinawa, Germany and South Korea. Lived briefly in Georgia and North Carolina. Lived for 7 years in New Jersey for college, etc., before moving to upstate New York. Been living in Saranac NY for the last 35 years. That's about 20 miles from the Quebec, Canada border.

I was born in Sutton-in-Ashfield - a small ex-mining town not far from Nottingham, England. Lived there till I was 25, then moved exactly 100 miles up the road to Northallerton, Yorkshire. Interestingly, this is also the place where my grandad's family came from, although I didn't know that until after I'd moved there!

Grew up ... not sure I have! See above, I guess 🤪

Live now: Edinburgh, Scotland. Been here for almost 16 years.

Back