HighPlanesCycler

Bongo

oil on 18" x 12" panel
comments welcomed

hpc.jpg

John, Jo, Donna - thank you. This is referenced from a frame of a youtube video that I screen grabbed. I find video a rich source for reference material - since the camera is moving you get this selection of angle, frame, perspective from multiple frames of the same scene. And generally not something to do about anything, or set up - just some random scene.

There is a photograph taken by the great ascended master, Gary Winogrand that is forever scorched in my psyche. This frame of video - although completely different in every meaningful way, tenor, aspect - nonetheless had the same building blocks - tyke, trike, track house, driveway - of that classic Winogrand photo, and instantly brought that to mind.
Winogrand30.jpg

Imagine you're in Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1957 and happen to be walking by - not one man in 100,000 would see this scene for what it is, not one in a million would have the eye, brain, hand reflex to capture it on the fly.

Love it! You definitely caught the same feeling behind the Winogrand photo. Photographs of the everyday occurrences we all experience, as life passes us by. Sally Mann also worked in this way.

Your painting is beautiful - the composition, the palette and that luscious texture - all wonderful elements. My favorite might be the telephone wires above the scene, with the purple hills in the background. I can sense the shimmering heat. It's fabulous.

I love this and all the items in this right down to the little minibike. And, of course, the electrical wires. Really fantastic. :)

Back