Hi

Bytebatt

Hi, My name is Dew.

I typically draw (pencil, digital) when I have free time out of school. I typically have drawn quite quite simple pieces but recently I’ve been trying to branch out and be a little bit more realistic.

I’m also quite a newbie at using forums, this is in fact the first thing I’ve ever posted to one.

I’m quite excited to give this a go :)

Hello and welcome Dew. I hope you will find lots of friends and inspiration in our friendly international family of art lovers and makers.

Welcome Dew. Don't be shy, we all had to begin somewhere. You'll find this to be a friendly and helpful forum. :giggle:

Glad you found the place because here you will also find encouragement and helpful suggestions

My suggestion is to draw every day. Take ten minutes with your coffee or tea, carve that time out because it will turn out to be important, and draw something- your cup, your shoe, the napkin wadded up, the chair in the corner of the room, the way the value (relative light/dark) describes the plane change of the ceiling and walls meeting- draw.

You'll be so surprised at how soon- and how strongly- your abilities grow

Hi Dew, and welcome to the site! We are so glad to have you here, and congratulations on posting for the first time on a forum. Forums are fun! :) I think you'll get a lot out of learning from the members here. I hope to get to know more about you and your art. Feel free to post as much as you'd like.

Welcome to Creative Spark, Dew! We're happy you decided to choose us as your first foray into the forum world. I hope you have fun looking around and learning how things work. Please ask any of us for help if something doesn't seem to be working for you.

Have fun!

Welcome to Creative Spark, Dew! We're happy you decided to choose us as your first foray into the forum world. I hope you have fun looking around and learning how things work. Please ask any of us for help if something doesn't seem to be working for you.

Have fun!
Thank you very much ^^
I do actually have one question, mainly about forum etiquette; if multiple people reply to a thread that I start is it expected for me to reply back to them all or is a like enough?

Glad you found the place because here you will also find encouragement and helpful suggestions

My suggestion is to draw every day. Take ten minutes with your coffee or tea, carve that time out because it will turn out to be important, and draw something- your cup, your shoe, the napkin wadded up, the chair in the corner of the room, the way the value (relative light/dark) describes the plane change of the ceiling and walls meeting- draw.

You'll be so surprised at how soon- and how strongly- your abilities grow
Thank you very much for the advice, I never actually though about using the time I normally take to drink my coffee to also practice drawing but I think that will be really beneficial :)

Welcome Bytebatt! You'll find this forum welcoming and informative! Glad you joined - hope to see some of your work :)

Thank you very much ^^
I do actually have one question, mainly about forum etiquette; if multiple people reply to a thread that I start is it expected for me to reply back to them all or is a like enough?
You're welcome! I think it's a courtesy to reply to anyone who took the time to comment in your thread. Having said that, there are circumstances where a Like is fine as an acknowledgment, usually if it's in response to a follow-up comment from someone you previously replied to.

The best forum etiquette advice I can offer is that kindness and sincerity will seldom steer you wrong. :)

Back