Hi to All Ya'll

Queen Bee

Recognize quite a few names here.
I reside in South Carolina, USA.
I never could decide what I wanted to be when I grew up. True to form have to dabble in almost every medium: acrylic, soft pastel, oil pastel, colored pencil, pencil, watercolor.
Enjoy floral arranging, jewelry making, polymer clay, playing the congas and some other stuff.

I remember the name .. WC .. a long long time ago .. images in the library as well if I remember correctly.

Welcome over here.

Hi, Deborah! 👋 Great to see you here! (Terriks from the WC oil pastels forum.)

Welcome Queen Bee. Good to have you here. I hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing your work and hearing your conga playing. ;)

Welcome Queen Bee. Good to have you here. I hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing your work and hearing your conga playing. ;)
Glad to be here. Will post some artwork when I can slow down a little. Don't think you will be hearing my conga playing. I do play at church with other instrumentalist and it is live streamed. My husband made me a Jingling Johnny that I love to play on occasion. Did not start playing drums until I was 51. Never too late to learn something new.

Good on ya! I hope you are enjoying playing the drums. How long have you been playing now? I played professionally for a lot of years--started when I was around 11 or 12.

...I never could decide what I wanted to be when I grew up. True to form have to dabble in almost every medium: acrylic, soft pastel, oil pastel, colored pencil, pencil, watercolor....

... and hence why I've chosen to never grow up! ...

Welcome, Queen Bee! As I am an amateur sculptor, your mentioning polymer clay piqued my interest. Please show us some examples of your work.

Welcome, Queen Bee! As I am an amateur sculptor, your mentioning polymer clay piqued my interest. Please show us some examples of your work.
Usually make beads and focal points for jewelry.
1ecf5b13c154eb0cc5ba09b5caf075ae.jpg0ec8503e136163dfa17ced89aead14b5.jpg4b0f1bb59f0f9558bab704a2873fcbd9.jpg838b340ee003749df7afed7067fe872b.jpg976f6a1c2df45647ebcec04f503992aa.jpg

Attachments

• 5b6a8b85ff1c0c80b18650f90a1d4ec8.jpg
    5b6a8b85ff1c0c80b18650f90a1d4ec8.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 89
I especially like the horse head. The piece next to it with the green snake-like extrusions reminds me to start working again on my very abstract interpretation in concrete of the Laocoön. I am planning to do the snakes in a similar curvy way, as I guess snakes tend to look.

Back