Hello!

RaquelB

I also have been a long-time member (18 years!) of WC, lamenting having lost the great community we used to have. I live in Toronto, and as "frida" had learned to use my coloured pencils, and later enjoyed supporting new artists.
I am thrilled to be here now when I need the support of others to recover some of my ability and main (hubby and WC) supporters. Thank you!

Welcome, Raquel! :) We're happy to have you on board. We definitely have a colored pencil forum, and lots more, so I hope you check it out! Have fun!

Can I help? When you're in the dialog box here, look for the single mountain icon, to the left of the smiley face (easier if you're not on your phone, when these icons get compressed).

Click on the mountain and a popup will appear, and you can click on it to select items from your own files, or drag & drop, too. Exact file size I'm not sure of, just follow what you've seen elsewhere and you should be fine. :)

If you could manage to post on WC, you will find this site easy as pie.
Welcome.

Hi Raquel, glad to see you here. I remember you very well from Colored Pencils forum on WC, where my user name was KaySilver. I joined you in many discussions over there a few years ago.

I'm just getting back into doing artwork after a break of 18 months while I was solely doing stitching projects (cross stitch and freestyle embroidery). I'm really enjoying getting back into drawing and painting after the break. Look forward to chatting with you.

WOW! What a warm reception...
Thank you Jane, Queen Bee (I remember your name from WC Deborah), Trier (the advantage with WC were my 18 years there!), Artyczar, Hawkmoth (I certainly remember you and your beautiful work Claudia!) and Kay (the problem is that I won't have another 18 years here, but I feel a bit wiser this time around... Life goes on!
Many thanks for making me feel at "home!!! :giggle:

Hey, formerly frida! I hope you like it here :)
I fairly frequently looked in on the colored pencil folks over there, and though we may not have interacted, I do remember frida. I use colored pencils over India ink doodles in my sketchbook quite often, and I'm slowly amassing a variety of FC Polychromos.

Welcome! I only just recently learned about WC this week which is how I ended up here 😅 I was pretty bummed to learn that forum was shutting down after hearing such good things about that community, but it seems this forum has similar goals and values and everyone has been very nice!

Hi Laika! How do you like the Polychromos? They are very good pencils. I still have Prismas manufactured in Canada, and the current ones made in Mexico have improved by now, thanks to world-wide complaints for fair reasons.
Thank you for the welcome snoball and rodhlann!
I have been studying how to post images, and once I start it probably will feel familiar...

Welcome! I only just recently learned about WC this week which is how I ended up here 😅 I was pretty bummed to learn that forum was shutting down after hearing such good things about that community, but it seems this forum has similar goals and values and everyone has been very nice!

I wouldn't say we have similar goals and values here! We are determined to be different!

Back