Hello, happy to be here

Lia

I'm in far-northern California very close to the Oregon border. I live in a forest and my home was destroyed by a forest fire 2 years ago. When I was evacuated, guess what I chose to take with me? That's right, my art supplies - so most of them survived the fire. Most of my art did too. For the last year and a half I've been living in a travel trailer, now parked back on my land, but I have no art studio. Most of the art I do now is in sketchbooks. So, with that in mind I decided to seek out the "Art From Life" sketchbook scavenger hunts and found them posted here.

Lia! Welcome to the site. I am so sorry to hear about the fire. I can't even imagine. I have had on my list of things to-do to make a "fire list," things to take with me right away in case of a fire, as I live in SoCal, in the desert no less.

So happy to have you here and so glad that you were able to save your work and supplies! ♥️

I'm sorry about the fire. Welcome to the site, it's nice to see your art, I saw in a forum post, a little while ago,2 of your works and I found them very beautiful

Reactions: Lia
Sorry about the fire, we are fire-buddies. Ours was almost 11 years ago. Looking forward to seeing you on the Hunts. Sketching has kept my fingers ready to paint. Welcome.

Reactions: Lia
Welcome, Lia! What an awful thing to have to luce through - so sorry to read about the fire. I'm glad you were able to escape unharmed and with your art supplies in tow.

We're happy you decided to join us, and I'm looking forward to seeing your sketches. :)

Thanks everyone, for a warm welcome. I am liking this forum....... the people and the art and the options!

What a horrible thing to have happen. Glad you saved your supplies and some of your works. Welcome to the forum, make yourself at home. 👋

Back